2012 2nd Quarter Top Turnaround Towns
Pheonix topped Realtor.com’s top turnaround towns list for the 2nd straight quarter of 2012. However, Boise ranked #4!!! The list ranks 146 real estate markets by both current inventory and median list prices. Median list prices in Phoenix, AZ were up 29.7% in the 2nd quarter compared to the same quarter in 2011. This is the most substantial increase in median list prices monitored by Realtor.com. The greater Boise area saw a median price increase of 19.6 percent—WOW!
The housing market continues to mend and almost 70% of the markets studied saw median price increases which only 13% of the markets studied were still in a declining market.
Realtor.com’s Top Turnaround Towns for the 2nd Quarter are:
- Phoenix-Mesa, Ariz.: +29.7 percent/-44.4 percent (% change in median list price/% change in inventory)
- Oakland, Calif.: +10.8 percent/-56.6 percent
- Miami: +19.4 percent/-33.2 percent
- Boise City, Idaho: +19.6 percent/-29.6 percent
- San Jose, Calif.: +12.0 percent/-40.8 percent
- Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Wash.: +10.9 percent/-42.9 percent
- Bakersfield, Calif.: +7.6 percent/-49.3 percent
- San Francisco: +11.1 percent/-38.7 percent
- Fresno, Calif.: +6.7 percent/-48.7 percent
- Santa Barbara-Santa Maria-Lompoc, Calif.: +16.6 percent/-31.1 percent